Nourish Yourself through Counseling
Difficulties of all kinds, including work or family stress, life transitions, obsessive behaviors and mood problems may lead one to seek therapy. Challenges to our mental well-being can be indications of underlying depression as well as physiological imbalances.
A Safe Environment
Psychotherapy provides a non-judgmental environment in which one can feel connected, supported, and understood, while exploring new approaches and strategies for addressing your concerns. And the multidisciplinary, collaborative nature of Elevate Health provides an uncommon depth of resource for our experienced psychologist and her clients.
Effective Tools for Living
Counseling can be a tremendously supportive path for diverse challenges, both situational and organic, acute or longstanding, including:
- Sleep disturbance
- Relationship concerns
- Parenting issues
- Job and career stress
- Dietary concerns
- Sexual dysfunction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive thoughts and behaviors
All Elevate Health practitioners understand that vibrant health is dependent on the harmony of not only physical, nutritional, and environmental influences, but psychological, spiritual and social factors as well.
Holistic Mind/Body Approach
Dr. Robb addresses not simply the symptoms but also the whole person. She uses five basic tools to treat emotional and physical distress.
- Relationship – The most important healing occurs in the context of the relationship between the patient and the therapist. An objective perspective in an atmosphere of trust, free of judgment is an essential foundation for therapy.
- Education – Exploring new information frequently stimulates problem solving, giving rise to strategies that inspire change
- Nutrition – Balancing body chemistry is fundamental to a sense of well being. The best medicine is on the end of a fork.
- Insight – Understanding how present feelings and actions relate to past events and relationships often offers valuable understanding of recurrent behaviors.
- Collaboration – Working together with multidisciplinary practitioners broadens the investigation of underlying causes of non-optimal health.
By shifting the focus from the psychiatric disorder to the patient, Dr. Robb strives to partner with you on your personal journey to peak mental, physical and spiritual wellness.
Provider: Rebecca Robb, PsyD
Fees info: Fees, Insurance and Forms
I used to think my diagnoses defined me. Now that I am feeling better, many of the symptoms and behaviors have gone away. I am happier. My attitude has changed and I don't feel stuck any more.
I love Dr. Robb's enthusiasm for what she does and for her own continued learning and growth.
My personal narrative has completely changed.
I discovered the miracle of amino acid therapy for my mood disorder under the guidance of Dr. Robb. Using nutrition and psychotherapy, I am conquering problems that have plagued me my entire adult life without the use of drugs.
I have known Dr. Robb for many years. She has the kindness, wisdom and humor that only come from sitting in therapy with people for decades, while at the same time she has sought out cutting edge knowledge about how food and targeted supplements can help the brain to balance and heal. This is rarest of combinations and a blessing to anyone who has the fortune to work with her.
Psychological Counseling FAQ
Though there can be great synergistic benefit to "coordinated care" amongst the practitioners at Elevate Health, you can choose to see Dr. Robb independent of the membership plan. Contact Elevate Health to set up with an intake appointment with Dr. Robb.
Dr. Robb uses 5 basic tools in her work as a therapist.
Relationship – An objective perspective in an atmosphere of trust, and free of judgment is essential.
Education – New information frequently stimulates problem solving and inspires change.
Nutrition – Balancing body chemistry is fundamental.
Insight – Seeing how present feelings and actions relate to past events and relationships offers valuable understanding of recurrent behaviors.
Collaboration – Working with multidisciplinary practitioners broadens the investigation of underlying causes of non-optimal health.
- Grief and bereavement
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Sleep disturbance
- Attention deficit disorder
Find your joy, calm and balance.
Psychotherapy can provide tools for managing stress, grief and uncertainty.